Technical Customer Service - Bi-lingual Spanish speaking
Hugo, Minnesota · Customer Service
Responsible for all customer service functions including answering telephones and e-mails, processing quotes and orders per customer requirements, identifying and recommending tooling solutions for customer applications, problem solving for the customer, tracking orders, and following up with internal and external customers. All of which are for complex and technical job orders in the metal manufacturing industry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and communicate complex and technical tooling solutions for our customers.
- Answer phones and e-mails to take orders and process quotes utilizing the SAP ERP system.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, fax, or face to face with all aspects of their account and orders.
- Assist customers with questions and problems to be able to provide them with the best tooling solutions.
- Review customer applications and prints to determine the correct tooling solution that best serves the customer.
- Provide support to co-workers, outside sales agents, designers, and outside distributors.
- Process customer mail and file paperwork.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Customer service work experience.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to proficiently speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to communicate technical product and complex manufacturing related information.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- College degree in Business, Communications, Engineering, or related
- Technical sales and manufacturing work experience.
- Technical mathematics knowledge to calculate dimensions and clearances.
- SAP experience.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Player - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others.
- Problem Solving/Innovative - Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Inside; Office and some manufacturing floor. Some travel may be required to visit customer sites or support trade shows.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuous sit throughout the workday
- Continuous work on computer throughout the workday
- Continuous reaching forward between shoulder/waist
- Continuous bending/twisting/rotating and simple grasping and writing
- Continuous exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Occasional exposure to chemicals and/or fumes
- Frequent standing and walking throughout manufacturing and office environments
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
Continuous Frequent Occasional
5-8 hrs./shift 2-5 hrs./shift Up to 2 hrs./shift
Monday through Friday, Full-time; days
$23.3404 – $38.7779/ hr. depending on experience and qualifications + .50 Bilingual Premium
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION
Outside Applications or Current employees with an interest in this position are encouraged to apply. Wilson Tool International supports promotion from within, whenever possible, to fill vacant positions. The company will establish job requirements/qualifications for all open positions. In addition, other factors such as time in current position (basic guideline is 2 years), department workload, and general business conditions will also determine eligibility.
Selection will be based on job requirements and the candidate’s qualifications. Key selection criteria are seniority, special knowledge, skills, and abilities, past performance, and supervisory recommendation. Interviews may be utilized in order to determine the top candidate. Interviews cannot be guaranteed for all applicants.
Wilson Tool is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, the disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply. EEO is the Law