The Wilson Tool manufacturing internship program provides an opportunity for technical college students to obtain valuable, applicable work experience while pursuing their technical education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Students that are accepted into the manufacturing internship program work part-time in a manufacturing job rotation while attending school. Upon graduation students have the opportunity to apply for any available full time positions.
Rotate every 6-9 months to different job duties and departments. General duties include:
- Material handling and inspection
- Order picking and shipping
- Machine set-up and operation
- Reading and understanding order tickets and prints
- Machine maintenance
- 5S activities
- Quality inspection with calipers and micrometers
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a technical degree program in machining or tool & die.
- Ability to apply skills learned in the classroom to situations in the workplace.
- Ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics.
- Must be able to understand directions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Have effective problem solving skills.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Player - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others.
- Problem Solving/Innovative - Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS
Various industrial machines, CNC equipment, various hand tools, calculator, calipers, micrometer, PC.
2nd Shift hours. Flexible scheduling based on course load and schedule.
$21.42 per hour