Chief Commercial Officer, Global Manufacturing – Wilson Tool Enterprises
Are you seeking a fantastic opportunity to lead the growth and diversification of a strong, global, industry leader at a pivotal moment in our company’s history? Would you like to be a part of a family-owned, customer-focused, and highly collaborative team?
Company Background and Description
Founded in 1966, Wilson Tool Enterprises is a family-owned enterprise built upon a solid foundation of integrity, truthfulness, loyalty, fairness, and a reputation focused on delivering exceptional customer service, the most reliable and innovative products and solutions that help our customers be more successful, a committed and safe working environment that brings out the best in our people, and the goal of setting a positive example for future generations of shareholders.
Wilson Tool Enterprises is made up of a portfolio of diverse companies around the world. Our largest company, Wilson Tool International provides the most comprehensive line of tooling systems and accessories for the Tableting, Stamping, Bending, and Punching industries. We are known for our customized tooling solutions designed to help customers resolve their most challenging fabrication issues worldwide. Wilson Tool products can be found in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, North America and South America. We have currently diversified our enterprise portfolio with acquisitions in the fluid motion, lighting and golf industries. Wilson Venture Group™ focuses on continuing to enhance our organic enterprise growth through diverse, strategic, entrepreneurial, and innovative value-added acquisitions.
We are seeking a highly passionate, committed, and entrepreneurial leader who can honor our company’s strong financial foundation, while also leading it into the future. This role will be part of the Wilson Tool Enterprise executive leadership team, located in Hugo Minnesota, and will responsible for ensuring that we continue to be an industry leader, focused on delivering value-added products and services to our customers through a lean-focused culture of quality, customer loyalty, and workforce engagement. This individual will play a critical role in leading our commercial strategy and driving both organic and non-organic revenue growth through aligning market opportunity, customer listening, new product development, and go-to market strategies.
To ensure the success of this role, you would be a high integrity, values-based leader, who has at least ten years of proven success in driving commercial success in a $200M-$500M global manufacturing company. You are highly strategic, resilient, decisive, and growth-oriented leader who excels at driving results through a supportive, collaborative and balanced leadership approach that brings out the best in people. And, you are passionate about understanding and delivering differentiated value to multiple stakeholders.
- Enterprise Executive team: Work with Executive Leadership Team to set strategy, drive revenue growth & maximize profits.
- Proactively research, analyze and watch industry and technology trends and look for how these trends influence our product offering to determine growth opportunities.
- Establish long & short-term enterprise strategic plans, aligned to shareholder goals
- Ensure “Wilson Way” best practices are aligned enterprise-wide
- Business Model & Commercial Strategy: Establish and align business model to enterprise strategy
- Identify key growth opportunities & key target customer segments
- Develop and execute business model and commercial strategy (value proposition, service levels, sales & marketing channels, revenue streams, pricing strategies, and key strategic partners) to drive revenue growth and achieve business objectives
- Ensure commercial strategies align with strategic objectives, forecasts and budgets.
- Oversee Enterprise-Wide Sales, Marketing: Oversee, manage and develop sales, marketing.
- Ensure enterprise alignment of brand, image and external/internal communications
- Develop, Align & implement best-in-class sales, marketing, and customer service strategies to business model, strategic plan and budgets
- Oversee development and deployment of high performing sales, marketing and customer service teams, policies & procedures
- Key Customer & Distributor Relationships and Engagement: Proactively develop and enhance key customer relationships and engagement.
- Listen to voice of customer and analyze customer data/trends to inform key decision making
- Establish strong relationships with key customers, partners, and stakeholders to drive customer acquisition, retention, and satisfaction
- Proactively measure and improve enterprise-wide customer engagement & loyalty
- Innovation & New Product Development: Oversee and ensure development of innovative and relevant products and services.
- Leverage customer data to develop innovative products and service offerings
- Responsible to watch industry and technology trends and look for how these trends influence current and future product offerings.
- Work closely with product, engineering, and operations teams to ensure alignment of commercial and product strategies.
- Ensure the effective deployment of new product go-to-market strategies
Additional Skills and Experience
- M&A Team: Identify key strategically aligned M&A opportunities
- Collaborate with executive leadership team to identify M&A philosophy, strategy and targets
- Member of internal M&A Team (sourcing, due diligence & integration)
- Oversee sales, marketing & new product development integration
This opportunity offers
- Proven track record of driving revenue growth and building/managing high-performing sales teams required
- At least 10 years of progressive global sales, marketing and commercialization experience and experience in a senior leadership position, required
- Proven experience in technology, digital marketing and software, required
- Excellent strategic thinking, interpersonal and leadership skills, required
- Strong customer focus, ability to maintain strong relationships, analytical and strategic thinking skills with a deep understanding of market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape, required
- Business, Marketing or Engineering bachelor’s degree and/or MBA or EMBA or equivalent experience, preferred
- Experience leading within B2B, metal cutting and forming, manufacturing organizations, preferred
- Experience leading within global, non-union, family-owned, matrix organizations, preferred
- Excellent professional references and high integrity required.
Understand and display the company values of WTE: “Can do” attitude, Innovative, Team player, Customer-focused
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULE
Office and manufacturing environment. Domestic and International travel required – up to 15%.; Full-time; core-business hours or determined by business need.
DOE; Wilson Tool is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, the disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
SEND INQUIRIES AND RESUMES TO: wilsontoolCCO@visiononeperformance.com
- A strongly positioned, family-oriented, company focused on growing long-term value.
- A challenging and rewarding work environment.
- A competitive compensation package, including profit sharing and performance-based compensation.