The Wilson Tool International Maintenance Internship program provides an opportunity for technical college students to obtain valuable, applicable work experience while pursuing their technical education. Students that are accepted into the Maintenance Internship program work part-time in a manufacturing job rotation while attending school. Upon graduation students have the opportunity to apply for any available full time positions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance, diagnostics, and repair of production and plant machinery
- Work under the direction of plant maintenance team
- Other duties as needed directed by the Maintenance Supervisor
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be enrolled in an industrial maintenance technical college program
- Must be able to understand directions in written, oral or diagram form
- Be able to apply skills learned in the classroom to situations in the workplace, such as mechanical trouble-shooting abilities
- Must have effective problem solving skills
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Player - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others.
- Problem Solving/Innovative - Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
shift hours; Flexible scheduling based on course load and schedule