This position is responsible for providing leadership, coaching, and training within the Punching division - DVS. Additionally, the Assistant Business Unit Leader is responsible for daily production, quality, and on-time completion of customer orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full supervisory responsibility for all employees, equipment, and department processes of assigned work group
- Availability and knowledge to answer technical questions on jobs in the work area and from other departments
- Must have the skills to understand and learn to operate all departmental equipment
- Directs work-flow, answer questions, follows and communicates ordered steps necessary to complete jobs
- Provide supervisory expertise, which includes; training others, set-up assistance, handling technical questions, print reading, and parts inspection
- Tracking, scheduling, and expediting work
- Run production control reports
- Provide leadership, positive motivation, and mentoring for work-group members
- Training and direction of day to day operations for work-group members
- High school education or equivalent
- 2 year technical/machining degree
- Previous leadership experience and/or ability to lead others
- Thorough knowledge of parts and machining processes, acceptable tolerances, dimensions, and inspection procedures
- Technical knowledge, problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to train others
- Leadership skills; ability to mentor, coach, inspire, and create a successful work environment preferred
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 lbs.
- Rarely lift, carry, push, pull, and move up to 20 lbs.
- Continuous exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
- Continuous exposure to moderate noise
- Continuously stand and walk throughout the workday
- Frequently performs cervical bends when checking progress or programming
- Frequently reach with hands and arms unilaterally and bilaterally; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material
- Continuous requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus
- Continuously wear eye protection (Industry standard safety equipment is provided by the Company, and specific notice is posted in areas where safety equipment is required)
Continuous Frequent Occasional Rarely
(5-8 hrs./shift) (2-5 hrs./shift) (Up to 2 hrs./shift) (Up to 48 minutes/shift)
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace
- Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing clearly and concisely
- Team Player - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals and work well in a team environment. Ability to recognize and show consideration for others
- Problem Solving/Innovative - Ability to find a creative solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
Inside manufacturing facility
Full-time, 2nd Shift (3:00 PM – 11:00 PM)
Machinist pay scale, 2nd shift premium and leadership premium based on experience
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION
Current employees with an interest in this position are encouraged to apply. Wilson Tool International supports promotion from within, whenever possible, to fill vacant positions. The company will establish job requirements/qualifications for all open positions. In addition, other factors such as time in current position (basic guideline is 2 years), department workload, and general business conditions will also determine eligibility.
Selection will be based on job requirements and the candidate’s qualifications. Key selection criteria are seniority, special knowledge, skills, and abilities, past performance, and supervisory recommendation. Interviews may be utilized in order to determine the top candidate. Interviews cannot be guaranteed for all applicants.
Wilson Tool is an EEO/AA employer: women, minorities, the disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf